Re: More Publishing Expriences (long)

Thanks to Susan for detailing her experiences with Scholastic.  In my own
field I regularly talk with colleagues about their experiences with
publishers.  Indeed, it might be worthwhile developing some sort of site
where we could submit ratings of places producing books relevant to book
arts.  For example, people could rate speed, contract negotiation process,
copy editing (in my last book the copy editor discovered a statement on a
page near the end of a >200 page book that disagreed with something near
the beginning), etc.  A disadvantage to this is that one disgruntled
author could ruin a reputation -- it would only work if those who were
happy chimed in as well.

R*

Department of Psychology
UMBC