Loans for gallery exhibition/instructors/artists and poets (fwd)

To the books arts listserve:

Hi All,

I'm the worker in the art gallery at CSU Stanislaus in Turlock, California and I've been tasked with three things which have to do with giving our students a broad overview of the books arts:

1) Putting together an exhibition on the Book Arts called: The Art of the Book: From Pulp to Pixel.  For this I need loans of books and book-like objects.  Suggestions?  Loans?

2) In conjunction with the exhibition we're facilitating a series of workshops, lectures and demonstrations on the process(es) of making artist's books, paper, etc.  So we need instructors who are willing to travel here during June 10th and July 10th.  We can only offer small stipends ($2-300) so they probably need to be from Northern California.  Again, suggestions? Volunteers?

3) Finally, we've joined forces with the University's Art and Literary magazine to produce a limited edition of high quality books containing the work of California artists and poets of *some* distinction.  Up until this edition Penumbra has been primarily a student publication though we have received contributions from a few established poets and writers.  We are asking for donations of prints, drawings and poems to be reproduced in Penumbra.  The prints will then be auctioned to benefit the gallery and Penumbra.  We are also interested in finding artists who would be willing to produce limited editions here on our premises, in our printmaking studios.   Names? Phone numbers?

Thank you for whatever help you might be able to provide.

Cindy Everett
University Art Gallery
CSU Stanislaus
(209) 667-3186/3431