[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Self-publishing
- From: Lilias <dherlihy@TIAC.NET>
- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 15:25:36 -0500
- Message-Id: <199812061845.KAA17094@palimpsest.stanford.edu>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
R. Williams offers a valuable point to those who would self publish by
mentioning the review process involved by submission to a publisher.
In addition ( I am a librarian ): positive reviews that appear in those
publications subscribed to by librarians can make a tremendous difference
in the number of copies sought. Almost every town/city/college, etc., has
a library and a good percentage of these are liable to make purchase orders
for those books deemed worthy by the review process.