Re: Nibs and Spit Biting

If you want to write with acid I think the suggestion of a goose quill is an
excellent one.  However, if you want to write with acid on an etching plate you
may run into problems because the quantity of acid is small and if you have done
spit biting you know that the acid rapidly exhausts itself and has to be
reapplied several times before the mark will be at all dark.  Also, the pen will
be scraping the rosin off the plate (and you need the rosin if the acid is going
to produce a dark; if you just work on bare metal not a whole lot will happen).
I think you might get the effect much more beautifully by either writing on
mylar and making a photo etching or by writing with sugar lift solution and
doing a lift ground.  Have fun. Audrey Niffenegger