[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Subject: Re: Brass Plaque
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Subject: Re: Brass Plaque
- From: Peter Verheyen <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
- Date: Thu, 17 Dec 1998 08:27:40 -0500
- Message-Id: <199812171327.FAA20240@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
I would make the rivets myself from brass rod stock. I buy mine at the
local hobby store. You would make the head on one end of each rivet,
drill the hole through the plaque and the book cover, and insert the
rivet. Then cut the plain end off slightly above the surface of the book
cover and form the outside head.
Computer Multimedia Specialist
University Computing Services
Western Michigan University
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
-- Begin original message --
> From: Artemis BonaDea <paradux@ALASKA.NET>
> Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 15:55:16 -0800
> Subject: Brass Plaque
> A customer recently brought a brass plaque that she wanted mounted on the
> inside back cover of an altar missal. The customer had seen such plaques
> adhered to altar bibles and missals with short brads. Since the missal
> is a large book, the boards are thicker than usual.
> I suggested a trophy business might be helpful and thought I would ask
> the list.
> Does anyone have experience with a situation like this? If so, where do
> you acquire the brads?
-- End original message --