Thoughts on marbling

I'm a relatively new subscriber to this list, so pardon me if this has already
been discussed. I have done some fairly decent marbling on paper using a
carageenan size and Liquitex paints. Then I got more ambitious and bought
paints called Dr. Ph Martin's - also acrylic. But it seems I have lost my
touch, they sink to the bottom of the pan, even with huge amounts of ox gall.
I called Dharma Trading in San Rafael, CA, which is where I got the paints
from and they seem to get good results with the Dr. Martin's and carageenan.
Anybody with a similar experience? Any tips? Or have I just lost my touch?

I would be happy to take advice / suggestions off line if this has already
been discussed on the list
Thanks,
Suhag