Re: Fwd: Copy Press info

I was told (or read) once that all the letters written during a work day
were dampened lightly, placed against the verso of a blank page in a
"Letter Book" (the early file cabinet), and the closed book was then
placed in the "copy press" overnight.  Enough of the ink transferred to
the thin page of the letter book to leave a ghost copy, which could be
read from the recto.  The next day the book was removed from the press,
the letters taken out and enveloped for the mail.  Made great sense to
me.