Dremel or drill?

Hello!
        I'd appreciate your help on this...I've been considering the
purchase of an electric drill to help with making my poetry chapbooks but a
Dremel looks more versatile. If a Dremel won't work for drilling holes in
fine papers, what would be a good drill to buy (under $100). Does anyone
have an idea or an opinion about this to help me decide? Any
advantages/disadvantages to cordless? (Replacement batteries seem
expensive?) And any tips for safe and successful use? Thanks in advance for
any assistance.
        Joys of the season and a happy new year to everyone!
Regards,
Linda Lanza
NJ/USA