Re: Dremel or drill?

I've never used a Dremel for drilling holes in paper but assume it would
work well if the papers were suitably clamped near the point where you
want the hole(s).  A small hand drill would work very well and would cost
a lot less.  I've seen them at jewelry supply stores and assume that they
would be available at craft stores.  However, clamping is still a must.
It's best to make a jig with the holes in it where you want them on the
paper and then to clamp the jig onto your stack of paper.

R*

On Tue, 29 Dec 1998, Linda Lanza/Talk With My Hands wrote:

> purchase of an electric drill to help with making my poetry chapbooks but a
> Dremel looks more versatile. If a Dremel won't work for drilling holes in
> fine papers, what would be a good drill to buy (under $100). Does anyone
> have an idea or an opinion about this to help me decide? Any
> advantages/disadvantages to cordless? (Replacement batteries seem
> expensive?) And any tips for safe and successful use? Thanks in advance for
> any assistance.

Department of Psychology
UMBC
1000 Hilltop Circle