[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Dremel or drill?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Dremel or drill?
- From: Melissa Jay Craig <CamilleEon@AOL.COM>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 20:52:42 EST
- Message-Id: <199812300153.RAA15514@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Hi - like lots of the folks here, I have both a Dremel and drills, and
different types of punches as well - whatever the project calls for. My drill
press is fullsized, but I've used it to drill tiny holes for Japanese bindings
and large ones with Forstner bits. I agree that tight clamping is essential
with both power tools and I caution you to be careful with the Dremel -
once, while altering a book with mine at high speed, I set the book on fire!
Melissa Jay Craig