Rolltaq Adhesive applicator problems

Has anyone had a positive experience with the Rolltaq applicator ? Seems
that no matter what I do, the rubber wheels never roll properly, and I end
up with adhesive applied in patches. Usually it just skids across the
surface with little or no application at all. Some papers work better than
others, but all in all I can't say that I'm happy with what should be a
useful product . Could I simply have a bad unit ? Anybody have similar
experiences, or maybe tricks that they have found helpful ?

Thanks in advance