Re: motivations

I too was terribly moved by the Vietnam Memorial. My first visit to Washington
was in the 1960s. We got on a bus traveled hundreds of miles, got out, marched
around the Mall and got back on the bus. We were protesting the Vietnam war.
So much of my passion and sense of being an American came from that time-yes,
the Memorial, with all the objects left by people, is very moving indeed.

A good question, by the way.

Thanks

Laurie