Re: Rolltaq Adhesive applicator problems

The adhesive is a "modified Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymer." As to
whether it is "archival" or not I guess that depends on how and where it's
used. Having played with it and adding it to the Gaylord Catalog I do know
that it is reversible in water and pH neutral.

If you don't like their adhesive, you can always use regular PVA (no doubt
voiding any warranty), you'll just have to clean it immediately, and
thoroughly. The table top model is very nice, simple, and affordable.
Works similar to a Pot Devin, except that instead of two rollers (one to
pick up glue, the other to apply, the gap between them determining amount)
there is a metal bar which is adjustable. Disassembly for cleaning isn't
too tough either, but does require some mechanical inclination, which many
binders and book artists have. So you could use your favorite glue. Their
glue sticks well enough, but the delay time is a bit long for my taste.

p.

Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey