Re: Rolltaq Adhesive applicator problems

After trying any number of rolled adhesive applicators, this item sounds
like another I'd like to try.  I looked in the 1998 Gaylord catalog and it
was not listed by name or under adhesives.

Can you help locate a source?

Thanks,
Claudia

At 09:20 AM 01/07/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>The adhesive is a "modified Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Copolymer." As to
>whether it is "archival" or not I guess that depends on how and where it's
>used. Having played with it and adding it to the Gaylord Catalog I do know
>that it is reversible in water and pH neutral.
>
>If you don't like their adhesive, you can always use regular PVA (no doubt
>voiding any warranty), you'll just have to clean it immediately, and
>thoroughly. The table top model is very nice, simple, and affordable.
>Works similar to a Pot Devin, except that instead of two rollers (one to
>pick up glue, the other to apply, the gap between them determining amount)
>there is a metal bar which is adjustable. Disassembly for cleaning isn't
>too tough either, but does require some mechanical inclination, which many
>binders and book artists have. So you could use your favorite glue. Their
>glue sticks well enough, but the delay time is a bit long for my taste.
>
>p.

>Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L
>mailto:pdverhey@dreamscape.com
>http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey

Claudia Stall
Head, Collection Preservation Unit
San Diego State University
Love Library

         "Be kind, do good work, and touch the earth gently."