Attachments

Please NO attachments to the list. With all our different platforms and
levels thereof, modem connections etc, they lead to more disgruntlement
than almost everything. Listserv also isn't attachment friendly and even if
it was, I would be leery to enable that option for the above mentioned
reasons. Any information should be included in the body of message so
everyone can read it. If you have access to a website and want to point the
readers to something give them the URL, if not offer to send the attachment
directly to a INTERESTED party after consulting about platforms, software
and file size. Also, when replying, please don't copy the whole contents of
a previous message and either not add your own meaningful comment or just
resend an earlier message. Just select the part of the message your comment
directly relates to.

I'm also including the URL for instructions for turning of MIME features in
email which cause characters to become garbled, introduce stray
characters... Makes email cleaner for all of us. The URL is
<http://www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/1236/nomime.html>.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Peter

                                >>> I loved working in the library. <<<