Thickness

Patient friends--

If  I weren't so thick-headed (6 3/4 inches, 172 mm, 6750 pts, 3 ply, 7 3/8
hat size, unknown number of mils)  I might be able automatically and in my
3 ply head to standardize all the thickness measurements occurring
throughout suppliers' catalogues.  But, alas, I'm incapable of this so my
plea to cataloguers is:

Use the same measurement for board thicknesses throughout your catalogue;

   or

provide us a conversion chart that will inform the simple-minded among us
as to unit of measurement equivalences (there are one or two partial charts
in one or two catalogues---just amplify these);

  and

try to get away from confusing the thickness and weight measurements (one
paper or board will be measured in points, the next in gms/square meter,
the next in mils, the next in pounds.

I really hate to display to the list the fact that I am
thickness-challenged but I make this obvious sacrifice on the off chance
that others with the same disability might also benefit.  My apologies to
those of you with digital heads.

;-)

Sam Lanham

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)