Re: Looking for a song

Betty Storz wrote:

> I am restoring an early edition of "Redwing." a well-known song from the
> '20s. Parts of the lyric are missing and I need the words to the entire
> song. Do any of you remember or have a copy of the lyrics? Where do I look
> for the sheet music or a recording? It may be in a songbook from that period.
>
> Thank you for any information,
>
> Betty
> Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org

Hi Betty,

Is this it?

REDWING

There once was an Indian maid,
A shy little prairie maid,
Who sang all day, a love song gay,
As on the plains she whiled away the day,
She loved a warrior bold,
This shy little maid of old,
But brave and gay, he rode one day
To battle far away.

CHORUS:
Now the moon shines tonight on pretty Redwing,
The breezes sighing,
The night birds crying,
Far away 'neath the stars her brave is sleeping,
While Redwing's weeping her heart away.

She kept all the campfires bright,
While under the sky each night,
She would sigh and she would lie