Looking for a song

My heartfelt thanks to all of you nice people who answered my query about
Red Wing. I did find the sheet music at the website of Duke University
Library.

I have bookmarked this site, as well as others that were brought to my
attention.

I learned that Red Wing (two words), written by Kerry Mills, was based on
an Indian fable. Originally published in 1907, it was sung and played by
various artists who may have picked up words and music by ear. That
accounts for variations in the lyrics and melody. Latest copyright: 1939,
Shawnee Press, Inc.

I am ever grateful for the support I have found on this List. I learn
something every day.

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org