Re: Book Quotes

I just ran across this one this morning by chance...

     If you publish a book, a parish curate accuses you of heresy, a college
sophomore denounces you, an illiterate condemns you, your publisher renounces
you, and your wine dealer cuts off your credit.
     I always add to my prayers, "Deliever my, O Lord, from the itch of
bookmaking."
                                           Voltaire.

Sounds pretty dire to me!  Especially that part about losing credit down at the
wine store ....

Eric

Eric Alstrom
Collections Conservator