past Watson Library book exhibitions

Many of you may remember that from 1982-1990, I organized a book arts
exhibiton program for the Watson Library, at the Metropolitan Museum.
Recently, I wrote an article (illustrated) about the program.  It
includes an essay on the history of the program and a chronological list
of the 37 exhibits which lists the dates, each artist and title of each
work represented. This article is part of a larger publication entitled
"Making Artist Books Today.  Workshop Poestenkill NY  August 1997". It
has been edited by Wulf D. von Lucius and Gunnar Kaldewey. ISBN
3-8282-0075-3. Cost: $52. It is available from Ursus Books in New York
City (212)772-8787 or from the Publisher: Lucius & Lucius,  Gerokstrasse
51,  D-70184  Stuttgart, Germany (add $6. mailing)

If any of you know any of the artists represented in the exhibitions,
please let them know.  There were so many and I haven't been able to get
in touch with them all.  Expecially looking for Michael Wilcox who had a
one-person show, and John Wood (Baltimore, I think).  Hope you like the
book.  Happy new year to all....Mindy Dubansky

--
Book Conservation Dept.                 The Metropolitan Museum of Art
Phone:  (212) 650-2891                  Thomas J. Watson Library