[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Biodeterioration Meeting
- From: phil <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 20:25:14 -0800
- Message-Id: <199901200126.RAA12208@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Please consider attending (and presenting at) the International
Biodeterioration and Biodegradation Symposium next August in Arlington
VA. IBB president Harold Rossmore has arranged multiple sessions
addressing the biodeterioration and biological preservation of
parchment, fine arts, wall paintings and other cultural materials.
Included will be the recent work from the Univ. of Vienna in which PCR
was applied to the study of wall painting deterioration. The workers
detected bacteria previously not described in this context (not cultured
by typical means) as likely culprits.