Unique Books?

 Jack Ginsberg's question to the list immediately reminded me of the
homework assigned by my paleography teacher the first day of class. He
gave us a photocopy of a manuscript page and asked us all to copy its
second section "EXACTLY".  He did not mean letter forms, we could use a
modern hand.  A week later, after looking over the class results, he
told us that out of 35 people in the class 1 person had actually managed
to do it.  I quite take the force of Jack's point that if an item is
sold as unique there is an ethical difficulty about its twin, but I
doubt that any handmade book will have an identical twin.
 Dorothy Africa