From: Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey
[mailto:BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU]On Behalf Of Fred Van Driel
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 1999 10:16 AM
To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Labeling almost-unique books

Almost unique books,

I'm new to this list, and enjoying it immensely. The discussion of unique
reminds me of a problem I have that I need to solve. I'm wondering how to
label not-quite-unique books. I guess you could call them press overruns.

Here's the scenario: I was doing a book, limited to 18 copies. I took the
file to Kinko's (quicky print shop) for printing and binding. The verso of
the title page has "This is copy __ of __" When I got them back, 2 were
poorly bound, so they said they would redo. Meanwhile I mail out the others
with the blanks filled in showing 18 copies.

I get the 2 redo's back, they messed them up a little, so they redid again.
Result was that I have 4 good ones and 4 not-so-good ones. In other words,
6 more than 18.

How do I number these extra 6?

I was thinking that I would put "This is copy __ of _18_" then add by hand
"Press overrun, copy __ of 6"

Does that sound good? Any other suggestions?

Fred

Fred Van Driel       BattlerL@cadvision.com or VE6FVD@rac.ca
Calgary, AB          http://www.cadvision.com/battlerl/index.html

 Ham call: VE6FVD        _/\_/\_   _/\_/\_
                          Boris    Natasha

"It's a little-known fact that the Y1K problem caused the Dark Ages."