Re: Alternative Materials (formerly that other title...)

At 01:39 PM 2/3/99 -0500, Dorothy wrote:
>  Have any of you explored tyvek as a binding material?

I've never used it as an external binding but in making limp fabric
bindings (Japanese fukuro-toji style) I put tyvek inside each cover to give
it a bit more bulk and to act as a barrier against liquid spills, etc.  I
started doing this after a book I made for a guest register at a beach
house got doused by an over-zealous partier.  I prefer the softer "quilted"
surface (Gaylord sells it) to the slick coated style.

Sam

Sam Lanham (slanham@hctc.net)