Re: Alternative Materials

So far, what we know for certain about alternative materials (i.e.,
synthetic materials, such at Tyvek(tm), is that they have no track record.

We do not know how long they will last, nor what their products of
decomposition may be.

We do understand something about paper and leather.  The good, the bad,
and, yes, the ugly.

Multiple millenia of experience with leather and paper is enough for me, thin
tho that thread may be, it is enough.

For those who do not wish to use leather, paper can do most anything
required of leather, and in most applications, paper (today) is superior to
leather.

But it takes work to make it so.

Jack

Jack C. Thompson