[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Alternative Materials
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Alternative Materials
- From: patriot@MIP.NET
- Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 14:08:39 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199902040800.DAA10339@pop3.mip.net>
- Message-Id: <199902041939.LAA16272@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 02:08 AM 2/4/99 -0500, you wrote:
>We do understand something about paper and leather. The good, the bad,
>and, yes, the ugly.
>Multiple millenia of experience with leather and paper is enough for me, thin
>tho that thread may be, it is enough.
And ain't that the truth !! The problem with the evangelical mind, either
religious or secular, is that "if I can't convince you to think as I do
then I'll push for legislation that will FORCE you to do as I say. It
doesn't satisfy me that =I= have the freedom to do as I wish, I want to
deprive you of that same privilege." But the point is, animal rights,
vegetarianism and other animal issues don't really belong here, do they ?
There surely are other lists that deal with those particular areas of interest.
David Adams - Maryland