Re: uses for Tyvek

At 21:48 -0800 99/2/5, Roberta Lavadour wrote:
>>The only issue was that it could not be the one sold to the building
>industry
>>because that was meant to be impermeable to moisture.

It was my understanding that it is *windproof*, not waterproof and not even
airtight. The vapour barrier goes on the inside of the insulation (at least
in cold climates), whereas the tyvek goes on the outside.

And to be extremely silly, if tyvek is made from petrochemicals, then it is
also an animal product (albeit many million-year-old animals!).

Fred