[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Is this use fair?
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Is this use fair?
- From: Fred Van Driel <battlerl@CADVISION.COM>
- Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 16:38:58 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <199902041635.JAA07068@mail6.cadvision.com>
- Message-Id: <199902070505.VAA20266@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 11:25 -0500 99/2/4, Beverly Allen wrote:
>I would agree in principle that as long as you have the artist's permission to
>mount their work on the web as an educational exercise, that particular
>use >ought to be 'fair use.'.
Just to be even more anal than archivists <g>, let's remember that we
should get the *copyright owner*'s permission, which isn't always the