Re: animal fur

John,
Send me your mailing address and I'll send you some *free* rabbit skin; one
of the local leather suppliers has many and they do not cost much.

But please, please, spare that poor caterpillar what is only looking to
become a beautiful flutterby.  They may be easy to skin, but hard to flesh
and tack out for drying.

And fur has been used at least once in the past.

I once examined a small collection of 18th c. music manuscripts which were
bound into limp sealskin folders, with the fur on, except where it had
rubbed off....

Jack

Jack C. Thompson
Thompson Conservation Lab.