Re: wood type

At 03:47 AM 2/9/1999 EST, Charles Smith wrote:
>It says more about Adobe. --cs

><< Adobe was breaking up and giving away wood fonts a couple of years ago
as a
> promotion. so what does that say about the value placed on this craft. >>

As I recall, when this matter came up when the wood type was originally
given away, the fonts had already been broken up when Adobe obtained them.
Random sorts of wood type are fairly easy to come by, for better or for
worse.

-dh
---
Don Hosek           dhosek@quixote.com    Quixote Digital Typography
312-953-3679        fax: 312-803-0698     orders: 877-277-1908
For information about SERIF: THE MAGAZINE OF TYPE & TYPOGRAPHY,
http://www.quixote.com/serif/ or mail serif-info@quixote.com
  Have you seen Sans Serif? http://www.quixote.com/serif/sans/