Re: Laser Printing (was: bookbinding - present and future)

I have had the problem with photocopied images...and storing either =
photocopies or laser-printed copies in vinyl binders is a nightmare; the =
(excess) toner sticks to the vinyl and pulls off the image. I know =
theoretically, the toner in both cases is fused to the paper, so I can't =
explain WHY it pulls off, but it does.  I always put blank sheets of paper =
in between any photocopied or laserprinted image that I want to keep for =
that reason. It's a waste of paper, but it keeps the image intact.  =
Dusting with talcum powder also seems to help, temporarily, but I don't =
know what effect the powder has on the paper long-term. I imagine that it =
could be quite damaging.

Laura Boston
Penrose Memorial Library
Whitman College
Walla Walla, WA  99362

>>> "Gray, Lyle" <Lyle@QUODATA.COM> 02/10 9:01 AM >>>
I have experienced problems with books printed with laser printers.  If =
the
book gets warm, the print may stick the pages together.

Has anyone else experienced that problem?

Lyle H. Gray
lyle @ quodata . com                            inceptum perage