Re: Laser Printing (was: bookbinding - present and future)

Jane Brown said:

        My thinking would be that the talcum powder, which probably has a corn
        starch base, is less damaging ...

FWIW: Talcum powder is made up primarily of powdered talc which is a mineral
consisting mainly of basic magnesium silicate.   I doubt that it would be
particularly harmful.

Commercial talcum powder, however, contains additives such as perfumes and
possibly antiseptic powders.  What these will do to your work is beyond my
ken.

Hal