[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- From: "Gray, Lyle" <Lyle@QUODATA.COM>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 13:40:32 -0500
- Message-Id: <199902111839.KAA14556@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>Intel lost their attempt to copyright the
>basic 386 computer core and so it too is now public domain. The knowledge
>how to build a 386 compatable PC will be available a thousand years from
>90% of todays computers (100's of millions) run on 386 compatable
>It is complete nonsense to believe for an instant that the knowledge of, or
>even assess to, use this basic level of computer technology will ever be
Are you aware that Intel has been considering abandoning the x86
lyle @ quodata . com inceptum perage