Re: transmission (was "Digital Dark Age") -Reply

>>> "starr jr raymond h." <rstarr@UMBC.EDU> 02/12/99 09:15am >>>
The turn of this discussion reminds me of issues raised by a superb
sci-fi
book, Canticle for Leibowitz.  For comments go to one of the web book
selling sites.

R*
reminds me too of the drive towards a perfect Universal Language circ.
1600 (Wilkins, Leibneiz, et.al) transparent of culture, time and space.
(sounds like typography to me in a crystal goblet) But hey, all things fall
apart, stars do blow up - so get used to having to make it all over again.
Kind of fun.