Canticle for Leibowitz

One of my projects includes contacting J.B. Lippincott Company (publisher
of Canticle for Leibowitz) to ask permission to convert part III (the final
portion of the text) to CD-ROM.

I have the first edition, and want to break it into three portions.  Part
I, to be bound medieval with oak boards, fore edge clasps, etc., part two
to be bound in full vellum, dyed indigo blue with white lines (I have a
schematic to use from my former life as an electrician).

Part III, on CD-ROM will be a waste.  But it will be a part of the book.

The non-human readable part.

It does not really matter if the ultimate PC is a 386, or a 486, or an x86,
what does matter is whether anyone can manufacture the appropriate chips,
because chips do not last as long as paper.

My personal experience with computers goes all the way back to breadboards,
punched paper tape, and teletype keyboards.  I have been an electrician and
an electronics technician.

I have a fair idea of what may be done and what may not be done.

We are well past the point of converting old data to new media; it has not
been done and it will not be done.

The resources are sadly lacking.

Is it possible?

With enough money, damned near anything is possible.

Will the money be allocated?

No.

Just another thought.

Jack