Re: "Digital Dark Age"

>How many people can
>read the data kept on a 5 1/4 floppy disk I have here? You would need
>a computer with a 5 1/4 drive, and you would need the right software
>to understanding the formatting codes, etc.
>
>        David Macfarlane.

If it's DOS I can.  We've been using the same IBM machine five days a week
sence the approx. 1985.  It has two 5 1/4 floppy drives and a green
monochrome screen.  The screen sufferes from a little burn-in but other
than that no problems here.  It drives our cover stamping machine (the weak
connection to book arts).

Happiness bought and paid for
is happiness none the less.

Duncan