Re: "Digital Dark Age"

>There are certain to be new fancy computers with proprietary archictures such
>as the MAC, but the business world is different. The business world will never
>accept any computer now or in the future that will not run their current
>software. Therefore, Infinite backwards compatibility is absolutely assured in
>the world of business computers.

Then why did businesses buy PCs that weren't backwards compatible with their
mainframe systems?

I won't attempt to guess what we will be using on a day-to-day  basis for
information recording, processing and retreival in 2099, but I am almost
certain of this.  If one of those "computers" were to be transported back in
time and one of us stumbled over it when we got out of bed tomorrow,  I
suspect we wouldn't have a clue what it was.  And almost certianly it won't
have a slot for any type of disk we use now.

                    Malcolm T. Upton
 8901 Normandale #1004  Ft. Worth, TX 76116
        817/560-2316  malcolm@uptons.net
                   http://www.uptons.net/
Am I getting smart with you? ....How would you know?