[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Digital Books (Was "Digital Dark Age")
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Digital Books (Was "Digital Dark Age")
- From: Peter Verheyen <pdverhey@DREAMSCAPE.COM>
- Date: Mon, 15 Feb 1999 09:18:21 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199902151355.IAA15722@europa.dreamscape.com>
- Message-Id: <199902151418.GAA21260@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Is the horse dead yet?
Since we're on the subject of digital technologies, how do all of you feel
about the uses of hypertext and purely digital books, ie created and
viewable only in a digital media. Anne-Dorothee Boehme, compiled a listing
of these which is in the list archive at
That's message 231 in January of 99 in case the full URL gets truncated
What do you perceive as the future of this "book." What about it's
longevity, since in many cases these can be VERY platform dependent.
(Please don't say just put it on CD ;> ) Do they even qualify as books or
are they something else.
Peter Verheyen, Listowner: Book_Arts-L