Amate paper

Roberta and y'all:

If anyone is interested in trying their hand at making their own Amate
paper, I have a lot of Amate crudo (steamed stems put up in big rolls ready
for re-steaming and making into Amate paper) that I brought back from my
suppliers in San Pablito a number of years ago. When I lived in Mexico,
they used to come up to my door with huge armloads of paper and crudo and
expect me to buy all of it.
I went a little crazy one time and never have used it up.

It's quite interesting and fun to make Amate. Lillian Bell has a book on
how to go about making it, but it's not that difficult.

Let me know, folks. I'd like to get that big box out of my studio.

Pat
---
Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.           =20
---
Pat Baldwin
P.O. Box 1711
Bisbee AZ 85603