Re: Stropping- alternatives to Chromeglantz

I've used ordinary jeweler's rouge for years with excellent results
(indeed, bought an early chunk of it at BookMakers when Velletri owned
the place). I tried Chromeglantz and didn't like the way the liquid
medium soaked my stropping board. (the petroleum odor was also
suspicious -- does it have an effect on the leather strop?)  I ended
up using it to polish the Calphalon... If the choice is between an
abrasive compound and jeweler's rouge, perhaps the latter, stropping a
little more frequently while paring, is best.

Don Pollock