[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Vicki W. & Digital Books
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Vicki W. & Digital Books
- From: Charles Jones <cjones@SFASU.EDU>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 08:45:57 -0600
- In-Reply-To: <01J7SGIAX3TA0076FS@TITAN.SFASU.EDU>
- Message-Id: <199902161442.GAA15582@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>It is interesting to note that at one point in time a rumor was running about
>that the computer would "replace" books. The printed page would no longer be
>needed due to the "easy" access of the computer.
It was announced on NPR several days ago that the under-grad lib. at the U.
of Pa.(it could have been Penn. St.,) now has no books, papers or journals.
It is all digital. One may check out a lap-top to access materials.
Crazy Creek Press
Carrizo Creek No. 3750
Nacogdoches, TX. 75961