Re: "Digital Dark Age"

DT Fletcher wrote:

> Appears I am not completely alone in my views.  dt fletcher

Yep. You & TDK Corporate PR both think that CD-Rs are good.

So, let's move on to the next question. Take as read that we've all
decided that CD-R (DLT / DAT / 8mm / 9 track reel-to-reel / insert your
favorite archival storage medium here) is the right solution for
long-term archiving of digital media. What about the next step? How do
we preserve the knowledge of how the content is encoded, and how to play
it back?

I don't know how to answer this. I'd be interested in what people think.

--
Mark    -- http://www-personal.si.umich.edu/~handel
Handel  -- handel@umich.edu