[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: "Digital Dark Age"
- From: Paul Baechler <pbaechle@BELLSOUTH.NET>
- Date: Tue, 16 Feb 1999 22:26:55 -0600
- Message-Id: <199902170425.UAA21594@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>BOSTON SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA SELECTS TDK CD-R FOR MAJOR ARCHIVAL MUSIC
<<rest of press release clipped>>
A critical reading of the press release suggests that the selection of
media was based not on technical or archival grounds, but rather on the
relationship between TDK and the BSO, which involves transfers of money,
products, and services from TDK, and the providing of endorsements,
publicity, and advertising by the BSO.