[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Future communication, was "Digital Dark Age"
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Future communication, was "Digital Dark Age"
- From: Sam Lanham <slanham@HCTC.NET>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:03:03 -0500
- In-Reply-To: <199902170411.WAA07002@roadrunner.sig.net>
- Message-Id: <199902171405.GAA24060@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
At 10:13 PM 2/16/99 -0600, you wrote:
Anyone who burns any library qualifies as barbarian in my not-so-humble
>The library of Alexandria was destroyed in A.D. 640. It was destroyed by
>the Moslem forces that invaded and conquered the area, not because they
>were barbarians but because it was a barbarian, ungodly, pagan
Sam Lanham (firstname.lastname@example.org)