[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Future communication, was "Digital Dark Age" -Reply
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: Future communication, was "Digital Dark Age" -Reply
- From: John Rininger <jrininge@WPPOST.DEPAUL.EDU>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:30:45 -0600
- Message-Id: <199902171531.HAA25958@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
>>> Paul Baechler <pbaechle@BELLSOUTH.NET> 02/16/99 10:13pm >>>
On 2/16/99 18:55 DT Fletcher said:
>When civilizations collapse one of the first things the barbarians do is
>the libraries. Note well - Alexandria library 84 B.C., Berlin 1934.
The library of Alexandria was destroyed in A.D. 640. It was destroyed
the Moslem forces that invaded and conquered the area, not because
were barbarians but because it was a barbarian, ungodly, pagan
Not unlike Paul at Antioch earlier.