[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: NPR's info on U. of Pa.undergrad lib.,Digital Dark
- To: BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
- Subject: Re: NPR's info on U. of Pa.undergrad lib.,Digital Dark
- From: ahardage <sarasotaslim@INTERACCESS.NET>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:49:14 -0500
- Message-Id: <199902171551.HAA16026@palimpsest.Stanford.EDU>
- Sender: "Book_Arts-L: READ THE FAQ at http://www.dreamscape.com/pdverhey" <BOOK_ARTS-L@LISTSERV.SYR.EDU>
Couldn't agree more with Charles' statement !!!
I thought it was bad enough when they started doing away with the card
catalogues, but this is way too much.
It's going to be a long time before the majority of the population can
even begin to use such a system. Such an elitist approach runs
contrary to the concept of public library.