Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing

Betty wrote:
>Is it too late to lay out that last signature to make it an 8-page one so
>that all will be equal thickness? You'll have some blank pages at the back,
>but that shouldn't be a problem.

Well, normally I would say that that would be ideal.  Unfortunately, I'm
working on making a model book based on an actual book from the 8th-9th
centuries, which has a 4-pg gathering at the end, and I'm trying to keep to
that as much as possible.  The original used vellum, where I'm using paper,
which may be a factor.

BTW, there's additional stress in this gathering because the text block is
sewn directly to the boards.

Lyle
lyle @ quodata . com                            inceptum perage