Gold Thread & Endbands

Anyone information regarding experience with the use of real gold
thread for working endbands would be much appreciated. My main
concerns are
1. The thread remaining flexible
2. Use of the natural material (not created look-alikes).

Also, if anyone has a source (other than the two listed below)
for gold thread I'd appreciate knowing that information.

     Daisy Chain, P.O. Box 1258, Parkersburg, WV 26102 (304)
          428-9500
     - silk, metallic, real gold and silver threads

     Needle Arts, Inc., 2211 Monroe, Dearborn, MI 48124 (313)
          278-6266
     - silk, linen, cotton, metallic, and real gold thread

--Dave.