Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing

I have been trying to get a handle on the term Coptic as I prepare materials
for a small how-to book. This may open a can of worms, but I'm curious to
hear from others.

I was taught to consider a coptic binding one that has an even number of
sewing stations and a separate needle for each station. How does the two
needle sewing work? Was it used by the Copts in Egypt and Ethiopia, or is it
a contemporary modification?

Roberta