Re: Two-needle Coptic Sewing

Since you've already substituted paper for the original vellum, perhaps you
could sew (not paste) a strip of stronger material (vellum, tyvek, Japanese
paper) in the fold of the last signature.  This would be easier to do were
you to insert a full-sized folded sheet into the signature, punch holes and
sew. Then, after the book has been finished, cut the inserted leaves as
close to the spine as possible, leving narrow stubs. Good luck.

Betty Storz   storz@mcn.org